Today is Day 4 of Master Lock’s National Random Acts of Kindness Giveaway Week here on Nicole’s Nickels! The theme for today is “A Healthy and Safe 2012″. Obviously health and safety are two of our most important priorities as they should be! I am trying to make this goal come true by feeding my family healthy foods whenever I am able and making better choices for everyone when we do eat out. Safety is critical and we will continue to modify our family safety plan for natural and non-natural disasters and to teach Noah about personal safety and the importance of common sense and awareness.
Info from Master Lock: While improving health, fitness and organization consistently rank among the top New Year’s resolutions for consumers, recent research shows most Americans have trouble sticking to resolutions. By February, 36 percent of people have already abandoned their resolution, and by April, this total increases to 54 percent1. To help consumers stay on track, Master Lock is celebrating National Radom Acts of Kindness Week®2 (February 13 – 19) by offering a variety of tips and products that are sure to help Americans lock-up their resolutions. Throughout the week, visitors to the brand’s Facebook page can enter daily for a chance to win free Master Lock products through a national sweepstakes. The company also will inspire gym-goers in select cities to stick to their fitness plans by handing out free 1534D Set-Your-Own Combination Password locks.
In conjunction with Master Lock’s acts of kindness, the company has created the following set of tips to help consumers strategically adapt to their new lifestyles and make their New Year’s resolutions permanent habits:
• Write It Down…and Share It. Simply thinking through your resolutions and storing them mentally isn’t going to ensure you stay committed. Having a list of goals in your organizer, smart phone, or social media profile that you can easily access and share will reinforce your promise to yourself and spur encouragement from your followers and friends.
• Get the right gear. Whether your goals revolve around getting back in the gym or being more organized at home, having the right products to help you succeed is a must. For organization, the 7148D document storage box can help keep important documents safely filed away. To securely organize your digital life, register for a free account at masterlockvault.com to safely store your user names, passwords and other confidential data for easy access anytime, anywhere. Getting good shoes, proper work-out wear, and a new gym lock such as the 1534D Password lock will help reinvigorate your enthusiasm to exercise.
• Do it for a Month. In order for a new behavior to become a habit, you must stick to it for at least thirty days. Setting this small goal will make achieving your overall resolution more realistic. Plus, you can be encouraged when you’ve reached the one-month mark and assess your progress.
• Keep a Journal. Commit to writing one to two sentences about your progress toward your goals each day. Keeping a written record of how you’re doing will keep your resolution top of mind and motivate you to continue to make changes.
• One Step at a Time. Don’t set too many goals and then try tackling them all at once. Make one goal your priority and focus on changing your habits to achieve it. Once you’ve mastered it, set your sights on two additional goals, giving yourself realistic timelines to achieve them and go from there.
During National Random Acts of Kindness Week, Master Lock will be surprising gym-goers in six cities with the innovative 1534D Password lock to encourage them to stick to their fitness resolutions and spread a little kindness. The lock is ideal for safely storing your personal belongings during a workout and will be distributed at the following markets:
• Chicago, Illinois
• Los Angeles, California
• San Francisco, California
• New York, New York
• Dallas, Texas
• Miami, Florida
Consumers outside of the six markets can also get in on the fun and celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness week by visiting Master Lock’s Facebook page to enter for a chance to win prizes, including the 1534D Password Locks and Visa gift cards.
For more information about the tips above and other security solutions, please visit Master Lock’s website at www.masterlock.com or the Master Lock Facebook page at www.facebook.com/masterlock. Visit www.masterlockvault.com to utilize the free, secure online data storage application and download a smart phone app for easy access on the go – an ideal place to keep important passwords and other information.
Giveaway: The folks at Master Lock have graciously decided to give one (1) lucky Nicole’s Nickels winner the Storage Security Box (7148D) (Locking file box, 6″ (15.2cm) x 13-1/2″ (34.3cm) x 10-1/2″ (26.7cm), Durable steel construction stands up to daily use, Key lock to protect and secure your personal documents, Includes 2 keys, Duplicate keys not available) and the Combination Padlock (1534D) (Easy to set & reset – use letters, numbers, symbols or mix them, Interchangeable, removable dials offer over 25 million personalized combinations, 5 position combination allows for maximum customization, Soft touch dials with 2 grip points for no-slip grip, 2-1/2″ (64mm) wide metal body for superior strength, Hardened steel shackle for extra cut resistance, Each package contains one lock). I will be giving away this duo of items every day this week – you may enter separately each day!
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below – you can only do each entry once! Giveaway ends at 12:01 am on Tuesday, February 21. For information on how to enter Rafflecopter Giveaways check out this post.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received samples of the products reviewed in this post. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!