In honor of World Blood Donor Day – Thursday, June 14th – Nexcare Bandages in partnership with the American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers, has launched the 4th annual Nexcare give campaign to help spread awareness about the need for blood donation.
Did you know?
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives
- Blood shortages occur most frequently in summer due to vacation schedules
- Someone needs blood every two seconds
- If 1% more Americans gave blood, all national blood shortages would disappear for the foreseeable future
- Most Americans will require a blood transfusion at some point in their lives
- Donors can give whole blood up to 6 times a year
Nexcare give offers Facebook users free, limited edition bandages by pledging to support blood donation on the Nexcare give Facebook Page. Here, you can also locate community blood centers, share personal stories and show your pride among the give community of supporters. Blood donation centers across the country will also be joining in this celebration and distributing give bandages to anyone who donates blood from Monday, June 11th to Sunday, June 17th.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!