Produce for Kids, the fantastic resource helping parents and kids learn about the benefits of consuming fresh produce, is launching its annual Get Healthy, Give Hope campaign with your local Publix store, and 15 other major supermarket chains across the country, help raise money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Through June 28th, you can support local children’s cancer research programs and get healthy at the same time. The more produce you add to your shopping lists the more hope you can give to local children!
In honor of it’s 10th birthday this year, Produce for Kids has partnered with PBS Kids Sprout and LazyTown to offer shoppers collectible Ideal Meals cards. These are quick and easy healthy meal ideas, which are free and can be found in displays featuring LazyTown characters from the popular, health-focused, children’s series.
Ideal Meals offer shoppers chef-created/nutritionist-
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup pineapple, cut 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup sweet onion, cut 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup rainbow peppers, cut 1-inch chunks
- 10-inch skewers, soaked
- 2 cups broccoli, chunked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Rosemary Garlic Marinade
1. Mix olive oil, rosemary and garlic in small mixing bowl. Divide in half.
Pineapple Pork Kebobs
1. Thread pork, pineapple, onions and peppers onto skewers.
2. Brush skewers with half of Rosemary Garlic Marinade, season with salt. Let stand 5 minutes. 3. Place skewers under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 10-15 minutes or until meat is firm and lightly browned.
1. Heat remaining marinade in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add broccoli and cherry tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
2. Remove from heat and add cheese.
Calories 580, Fat 33.7g, Protein 33.3g, Carbohydrate 34.8g, Fiber 5.5g, Cholesterol 83mg, Sodium 335mg, Calcium 257mg, Vitamin A 1171 IU, Vitamin C 103.2mg, Iron 3.3mg
For those of you without a Publix, here is a list of additional stores and their campaign dates:
- Meijer: May 27th – June 23rd
- Homeland: May 30th – June 27th
- Kroger Southwest: June 13th – July 24th
- Fred Meyer: June 14th – July 26th
- Price Chopper: June 17th – July 28th
- King Soopers: June 20th – July 31st
- Kroger Central: June 21st – July 18th
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!