Kno is an education software company on a mission to shake up higher education by making learning engaging, efficient, and social for students. Founded by Osman Rashid, the co-founder of Chegg, and Dr. Habib in May 2009, Kno has built an impressive set of learning products supported across multiple devices and platforms. Kno has just partnered with the global education leader Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH). Because of this exciting development, parents are able to rent a digital textbook good for the entire school year for just $9.99 or less per book! The Kno digital textbook app is available for the iPad and Web and will soon be available for Android tablets and Windows 7.
Unlike normal textbooks, Kno has cool interactive features for your kids like:
- A digital Journal that automatically saves a student’s notes and highlights them in a study notebook
- Automatic Flash Cards of key terms in a book to help students study more efficiently and better retain information
- 3D models that bring difficult chemistry concepts to life to make them easier to understand
- Quiz Me feature, which automatically turns any diagram in a book into a multiple choice quiz for easy self-quizzing before tests
- SmartLinks that deliver instructional videos, images, and photos to formulas and concepts in a textbook in real-time for easy reference
- Coming soon, an analytics feature that will enable active engagement between parents and students to better measure reading progress.
Just in time for back-to-school, you can get a $5 credit when you use code KNO4MOMS! The code will not expire until 10/31/12. Whether your kids are in kindergarten or a senior in high school, Kno has the tools to make learning and studying more efficient, engaging and fun!
Check out this video to see how Kno works!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!