I recently went to New York City to attend the BlogHer conference! We had Noah while I was gone and so I wanted to leave some dinners for them to eat so I knew they weren’t headed through a drive-through every night! The folks at MomSelect and GLAD came to the rescue!
I received a kit containing GLAD Freezerware containers, a recipe card, tortillas, diced chilis and enchilada sauce. We love Mexican food so I knew this meal would go over well. I prepared the Chipotle Chicken Enhiladas per the recipe card and froze them in the GLAD Freezerware. It was super simple and all Jamie had to do was heat up the meal! They both reported that the food was super yummy and requested I make the recipe again!
Here is the recipe:
Mom Made Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas (Serves 4-6)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 can (4.5 ounces) diced chilies
1 rotisserie chicken, with meat shredded by hand
1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 jar (16 ounce) salsa
1 can (28 ounces) enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté about 3 minutes until soft. Add chilies, shredded chicken, chili powders and salsa to skillet. Heat for 5 minutes to meld ingredients.
3. Soften tortillas in microwave for 3o seconds on high
4. Coat bottom of large casserole pan with half of the enchilada sauce. Place the rest of the sauce in a pie pan. Dip each tortilla into the sauce and then fill with some of the chicken mixture. Fold tortillas and palce in casserole dish seam side down. Repeat.
5. Pour the remaining sauce over the totillas and sprimkle with cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
I was given the dinner kit from MomSelect but my opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!