The power to vote for our country’s leaders is a beautiful thing, regardless of the winner! To celebrate the beauty of America, we held a beauty-lection on our P&G Beauty Facebook page to determine fans’ favorite makeup and hairstyle trends from the Spring runways! The polls closed last night at 11 p.m. EST and the results are clear:
- · With 67 percent of the vote, the loose waves look was chosen as the winner for favorite hairstyle
- · With 53 percent of the vote, the flawless face look was chosen as the winner for favorite makeup look
To help your readers re-create these winning looks at home, we tapped Pantene Celebrity Hairstylist, Tippi Shorter and COVERGIRL Celebrity Makeup Artist, Jake Bailey, to share exclusive how-to tips.
1. Start with dry hair. Run a light serum evenly through hair to reduce frizz.
2. If your hair is curly, dry completely using a brush and hair dryer. If you have straight or wavy hair, let your hair dry naturally or blow dry and scrunch to add texture.
3. Divide the hair into four sections – two in front and two in back.
4. Using a one and a half inch curling iron, wrap one inch sections of hair around the barrel.
5. Hold each section around the barrel for about three seconds then stretch hair off of the iron to help create a loose look.
6. If you need to add volume, alternate the direction in which you wrap the hair around the iron..
7. When hair is completely curled, flip your head upside down and use finishing crème to scrunch and separate waves.
1. Aussie Miraculously Smooth Smoothing Serum
2. Pantene Pro-V Strengthen and Smooth Finishing Crème
1. Start by removing any excess oil or makeup with a toner or astringent.
2. Apply lip balm at the start of your makeup routine so it has time to be absorbed. Then, when you’re ready to apply lipstick, lips will be soft and supple, but not sticky.
3. Spread lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer over entire face as a primer. Blot with a sponge to remove excess.
4. Using a flat-topped brush, dab a creamy foundation on face and décolletage.
5. Conceal under eye circles with foundation or concealer — on dark areas only! Be sure to keep product away from your lash line, which highlights puffiness.
6. Use the sponge to blot away excess foundation before applying blush and bronzer to prevent a “cakey” look.
7. Using the brush, apply cream blush to the apples of your cheeks, then blend out around the entire cheek for a natural flush.
8. Warm up the look with bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks and around the perimeter of your face
9. Use a big, soft brush to set the look with a light powder. Soft bristles provide less resistance, helping keep makeup intact.
10. Finish with mascara. For a smudge-free application, place a business card at the base of the lash line, then brush mascara over top lashes. The business card helps separate lashes and prevents clumping and excess.
1. Olay Total Effects CC Cream
2. COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder
3. COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!