This year, on Tuesday, November 27, 2012, we are part of a call to action and national movement that will change the calendar and help make history. We are celebrating a new day dedicated to giving ‐‐ when charities, families, businesses, community centers, students, retailers and more will all come together to create #GivingTuesday – a new movement to celebrate giving and encourage more, better and smarter giving during the Holiday Season that we are proud to be part of.
#GivingTuesday will create a national day of giving around the annual shopping and spending season ‐‐ giving’s “opening day”.
What’s the #GivingTuesday message?
- #GivingTuesday is a day to prove that giving back to our communities is part of a great tradition of philanthropy and volunteerism that helps make this nation strong.
- It is an opportunity to be part of a national celebration of our great tradition of generosity, and #GivingTuesday is something that everyone can share. The more people who unite in these efforts, the more we will achieve.
- Just as the retail sector has benefited from coordinating national shopping days around the holidays, #GivingTuesday wants to do the same thing for giving by uniting under one common purpose – charity.
- #GivingTuesday will create a new narrative around the kickoff of the holiday season by celebrating how Americans can do much more with their wallets than consume.
- #GivingTuesday will encourage us to do more and give more.
- Americans are a generous people. We volunteer more, give more to charity, and support more causes than any other population around the world. We should foster and celebrate in that tradition.
- Like us on Facebook ‐ www.facebook.com/GivingTuesday
- Follow us on Twitter @GivingTues or and use the #GivingTuesday hashtag
- Follow us on Pinterest ‐ http://pinterest.com/givingtuesday/giving-quotes/
- Submit a video to our You Tube channel
- Share your favorite giving quote or image on our Tumblr
I am a part of the Global Team of 200 of the Mom Bloggers for Social Good. I do not receive monetary compensation for my posts, I receive emotional compensation and good karma for them! All opinions are my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!