We received a delicious low carb recipe that both adults and kids will love these holidays. Combining a lower sodium option of Sara Lee Deli honey ham with tasty cream cheese, the recipe is complimented with basil, cucumber and red pepper for a tasty pinwheel to serve to guests at parties or even on-the-go during the busy season. We think you are going to love it. I’m definitely going to try it!
- 1 thick slice Sara Lee® Lower Sodium Honey Ham
- ½ slice Provolone Cheese, cut into 2-inch by ¼-inch by ¼-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 whole fresh basil leaf
- 2 very thin slices of peeled cucumber, patted dry
- 4 red pepper strips – sliced thin
Place the ham on a flat clean surface or cutting board. Carefully spread the Whipped Cream Cheese on the ham slice being careful not to tear the meat. Top with a basil leaf and a single layer of the cucumber rings. Top with pepper strips and Provolone Cheese strips. Roll to make a tight cigar-shaped roll. Using a sharp knife, cut the sticks into 2” pieces and serve with toothpicks. Makes one pinwheel.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!