UNICEF’s newest Ambassador is Angie Harmon. As their Ambassador, Harmon is lending her support for the fight against child trafficking during Human Trafficking Awareness Month in January.
- Ms. Harmon is appearing in Public Service Announcements to raise awareness about the issue of child trafficking, an inhumane and exploitative practice, and urge Americans to help end it. Part of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF’s End Trafficking project, the 15, 30, and 60-second PSAs will air in January. You can view and download the spot by following this link: http://bit.ly/
- An estimated 5.5 million children are victims of trafficking, an illegal enterprise that generates an estimated $32 billion in yearly profits. Human trafficking cases have been reported in every state in the United States. Rates are particularly high in California, Texas, Florida, and New York.
- The U.S. Fund for UNICEF has launched The End Trafficking project to raise awareness about child trafficking and mobilize communities within the United States to take meaningful action to help protect children. In partnership with concerned individuals and groups, the initiative aims to bring us all closer to a day when ZERO children are exploited. To learn more about the End Trafficking initiative, visit: http://www.unicefusa.
- Social Media Guide
- On Twitter: @EndTraffick @UNICEFUSA #EndTrafficking
- On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
UNICEF works to protect all children from violence, exploitation, and abuse. Imagine these were your children. Wouldn’t you help as much as you could to stop trafficking?
I am a part of the Global Team of 200 of the Mom Bloggers for Social Good. I do not receive monetary compensation for my posts, I receive emotional compensation and good karma for them! All opinions are my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!