Cabin Fever!

by Pennie on February 7, 2013

Ok, the weather here is driving me crazy!  Literally.  It seems that every time I have a chance to get out of the house, it is chilly and overcast.  And when I’m stuck inside it’s nice and sunny and spring-like!  I’m starting to take it personally.

I love being outside in spring.  And I know, it’s only February so it’s not as if I should be looking for serious spring weather.  But there have been so many warm and sunny days, I’ve begun to count on them being there whenever I can take advantage of them.  To make matters worse, all the magazine covers and style & gardening web sites are already covered in sunny, springy pictures.  I should ignore them because they are like the fashion magazines, a few months ahead of the current season.

But I want it to be spring!  When the air is a mingle of chill and warmth, flowers start to shoot out of the ground (or even bloom) and everything looks shiny and new.  I already have a few of these because of the unusual warmth:

But what I’d like is something more like this (which, by the way is Magnolia Plantation in Charleston, SC):

I know I’m asking for too much for the beginning of February.  But I’m really ready for it.  Because not too long after I get that, then I can get this (Wrightsville Beach, NC):

I don’t really think this is all going to happen in the next few weeks, as I really want it to.  It sort of sounds like I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), which is kind of silly, living in the south and all.  I get way more sunshine now than when I was living in New England.  Maybe it is more like SDA (Sunny Day Addiction!) or just plain, ol’ cabin fever!

1 Tami Vollenweider February 7, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I know what you mean,it’s gorgeous here. I do know we are going to have more winter weather ,and I’ll have to wait for spring!!

2 Linda Hildebrand February 8, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Great pictures to dream of warmer weather by!

3 Sue Hull February 8, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I live in Ca. and it’s been nice here during the day and cold nights. I love the daffodils, they’re my fave flower. Thank you for sharing the pretty pics. Spring will be here before we know it.
Have A Great Wkend! :)

4 Janet W. February 9, 2013 at 7:39 am

I’m in the South, in GA, and we’ve been having crazy weather lately. One day it’s freezing, and the next I’m outside in short sleeves! I’m looking forward to the warm weather sticking around!

5 sheri grennille February 10, 2013 at 8:13 am

It’s been under 30 almost every day for over a month here in PA, except for one 60 degree day which was so strange – and we missed out on the blizzard. i don’t mind cold, if it’s snowing, but when it warms up to rain, and then gets cold, it’s annoying.

6 Debby Chandler February 13, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Texas is so unpredictable! At least it seems that way to me. I keep a wall heater and a fan in my room all year cause I never know whether it’s going to be snowing one day and hot the next.

7 Joyce Raymond February 24, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I read this laughing with empathy and a little jealousy. I live here in New England, but I spent about ten years living in North Florida. I have been having serious problems with S.A.D. and large doses of Cabin Fever, even though I have a Happy Light right on my desk. I only moved back north because my daughter and grandchildren came back. I live here in protest! lol It took five years before I stopped whining! Right now it is pathetically cold, icy and dark most of the time, although I’ve noticed, (because believe me I look), that the sun is still out at 5pm, so I have reason to hope. Thanks for sharing, but I don’t expect any crocuses peeking up through the snow for at least another month. Blah!