Noah has some tummy issues but hasn’t been diagnosed with IBS. He does take a probiotic each day and I am a big fan of taking a probiotic daily to help the tummy!
It’s no picnic for a kid to have a serious GI issue, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Yet unfortunately, IBS is a common problem amongst children. Not only do children with IBS have to deal with discomfort and bloating, often times this chronic condition can result in the disruption of social/family activities. Because there is no cure for IBS or a known sole cause of this condition, many parents are stressed with “watchful waiting” hoping for the moment to pass, wondering if only there was a way to help.
Enter, new VLS#3® JUNIOR, a new high-potency probiotic medical food which aids in the dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and ulcerative colitis (UC) in children. VSL#3® JUNIOR produces an optimal composition of good bacteria to colonize the GI tract with beneficial microbiota. This clinically proven probiotic can be used to bolster intestinal health and be an adjunct to existing therapeutic strategies.
VSL#3® has been clinically proven to provide significant improvement in family life disruption scores and in reducing the discomfort and bloating of IBS.
Important Facts about VSL#3® JUNIOR High Potency Probiotic Medical Food:
· VSL#3® JUNIOR is a medical food and requires refrigeration to preserve its 8 proprietary strains of 225 billion live bacteria, making it one of the few probiotics with this many strains and about 50 times more potent than the average probiotic. It is kept in the refrigerated area behind the counter where the pharmacist is situated
· Is all-natural , gluten free, Kosher and Halal certified
· Is available in watermelon, a kid-pleasing flavor, that can be mixed into cold drinks or food making compliance less of an issue
· Adjustment of the intestinal flora can take a few days or weeks; it may take up to one month for the colonization of the gut to become optimally stable
· VSL#3® JUNIOR is taken once daily
· Each box contains 30 watermelon flavored packets
In addition to VSL#3® JUNIOR, there are three other formulations for adults: VSL#3® DS prescription-only medical food packets containing 900 billion bacteria, VSL#3® packets containing 450 billion bacteria, and VSL#3® capsules containing 112.5 billion bacteria.
As with all forms of VSL#3®, they must be used under medical supervision. VSL#3® products are available behind the pharmacy counter at pharmacies nationwide. For more information, visit www.vsl3.com.
I am so impressed that VSL#3 is available for kids now, it’s so important to keep everyone healthy – at any age!
Enter the Giveaway!
You can win a prize package including a fold n go picnic blanket and a picnic-inspired recipe book! Please enter the giveaway on the widget below. Email and feed subscribers will need to click over to my actual site to enter.
I received the same prize as the winner. All opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!