A Few Shortcuts Weekly Recipe: Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers

by Pennie on May 17, 2013

Amanda at A Few Shortcuts has such a cheery looking dish this week. Makes me want to have it just for the colors! The recipe, Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers has all the ingredients that will get my son-in-law to eat it: cheese, cheese and garlic salt; is quick and easy to put together and is sweet peppers so I’ll like it.  That just leaves my daughter.  She has a “thing” about cilantro.  A dish can have some, but not “too much” and that sketchy line is somewhere in her head and as yet undefined to the rest of the world.  So, I wonder if I could substitute red pepper flakes or something else to give it a zing.  Any ideas?  Anyway, I will be trying this soon!

Each week I will highlight one of Amanda’s fabulous recipes. If you don’t have the ingredients or they’re not on sale near you, you could easily print and save the recipes for later use!

1 Maralea May 17, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Wow! These look awesome!

2 Mary Beth Elderton May 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Perfect timing! I picked up a bag of these little peppers because they just looked so pretty! Great idea on what to do with the.

3 Jesselyn A/Jesstinger May 17, 2013 at 10:05 pm

This recipe sounds like just what I’ve been looking for because not only do we LOVE these – but recently those bags of beautiful festive mini-peppers have become abundantly available and very affordable (I just wish I had it sooner – say in time for Cinco de May and Mother’s Day brunches) – but in any case – we love to take good ideas like this, then experiment and improvise using whatever we have around!)

I know a lot of people have a thing about CILANTRO – they either love it or loathe it! So your daughter presents an interesting case of liking it in degrees – all I can say is good luck with that!

As far as heat goes, aside from red pepper flakes, a few drops of your favorite hot sauce, finally chopped fresh jalapenos (or other hottish pepper) or even a few (drained) spoonfuls of those little canned chopped jalapenos – for heat.

You could also add other goodies like some crumbled cooked (and WELL drained sausage, mushrooms, spinach – any number of things you like or have on hand.)

Anyway, I look forward to trying and finessing this recipe – hope it works out well for you and your daughter too! Thanks!

4 Ari May 18, 2013 at 9:12 pm

These look delicious! I’m sort of like your daughter, I have this thing about cilantro. Mostly I don’t want any, but if were to eat anything that included them, I’m guessing it’d be the smallest trace amount. Anyway, cheese + more cheese is the reason I’d be gobbling these up. The cream cheese + shredded (Mexican) cheese sounds like a great combination. I also agree that I’d be up for adding chopped mushrooms, peppers, onions to the mix as well! I say yes to red pepper flakes, garlic, chives or any other seasoning. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

5 sheri grennille May 19, 2013 at 1:36 pm

i am in the “LOVE” it category for cilantro – i grow it so i can put it on anything that suits my fancy! these look yummy!

6 Heidi Back May 20, 2013 at 12:49 am

These look delicious!

7 Rochelle Mullin May 23, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I made sure my daughter got a copy of this. These look fun. Easy to make, look good on the table, and disappear fast!

8 Anastasia @ eco-babyz May 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm

These look delicious, thank you for the recipe!

9 Alex Fone May 26, 2013 at 9:38 pm

My brother would love these! He was among the many fans who cried when Arby’s discontinued their jalapeno poppers with Bronco Berry sauce, and he has been on a Mexican-style food kick lately, so I can’t wait to see the look on his face when I pop out of the kitchen with these babies!

10 Christine Sutor June 3, 2013 at 6:10 pm

These look great for parties and serving…so colorful and fun to eat. Can’t wait to try this recipe!! thanks!

11 Sherri Lewis June 20, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Those are making my mouth water. And lucky for me, my daughter refuses to eat peppers…. so more for me!