A Few Shortcuts Weekly Recipe: Red, White & Blueberry Bars

by Pennie on May 31, 2013

Here is another recipe from Amanda at A Few Shortcuts that one you can make for all the patriotic holidays!  Red, White & Blueberry Bars is a summer dessert that is basically portable cheesecake, topped with blueberries and filled with strawberry jam.  Who wouldn’t love that?

The crust is a bag of sugar cookie mix, so that makes it quicker to put together.  This is a cheesecake so you do have to bake it and WAIT for it to cool.  But, I think it would make a great cook-out addition!  And, I can imagine 4 or 5 variations off the top of my head, so it lends itself well to a little experimentation.

Red-White-and-Blueberry-Bars

Each week I will highlight one of Amanda’s fabulous recipes. If you don’t have the ingredients or they’re not on sale near you, you could easily print and save the recipes for later use!

1 Maralea May 31, 2013 at 6:22 pm

These look so good! Thank you for sharing…can’t wait to try them!

2 Julie Wood May 31, 2013 at 9:05 pm

These bars look so delicious, and easy to make. I want to make them for my family for the 4th of July.

3 Jesselyn A/Jesstinger May 31, 2013 at 11:42 pm

This recipe looks/sounds like just what I’ve been looking for – for this year’s annual neighborhood Fourth of July BBQ /Festivities : A Red, White & Blue (Berry) Cake! And one that looks so very tantalizingly good.

My first thought was – with all the fresh berries showing up in the markets – why just fresh blueberries? Why not fresh strawberries and raspberries too??? On second thought (upon reflection…) come to think of it – that would probably equal one big sloppy mess (unless one wanted to take the time to work out cooking, thickening and sweetening the berries till you got the right consistency and all that jazz – and hey – it’s July, it’s hot, it’s a holiday! Keep it simple.

I look forward to making these bars soon (got to test it first – and besides like you – I enjoy experimenting with and tweeking recipes. Thanks!

4 Christine June 1, 2013 at 10:03 am

This looks so tasty. I’m going to try it this weekend, great with the fresh berries coming into season, thanks!!

5 Debby Chandler June 2, 2013 at 12:55 pm

These look yummy, I’m going to try the recipe next week and surprise my family.

6 Christy Anderson June 2, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I love blueberry cobbler, so these look great! I’ll have to try them! Thanks for the recipe!

7 Christian Alejandro June 4, 2013 at 4:55 am

I’m a huge fan of blueberries. These look amazing!!

8 Maralea June 6, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I made these the other day and they are wonderful!

9 Liz Neal June 8, 2013 at 2:52 am

These look awesome and would be wonderful to make for July 4th, which isn’t too far away.

10 Jennifer Pierce June 8, 2013 at 8:19 pm

wow these look amazing, going to try the for my hubby for father’s day. He loves blueberries.

11 william saylor June 14, 2013 at 6:54 pm

This will be great to make for the fourth.

12 shelly peterson June 15, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Wow, these look delicious! My family loves cheesecake and would love this recipe :)

13 ALPA June 17, 2013 at 4:40 pm

i loved it had bought it a few days ago. Very nice and tasty.

14 Christine Sutor June 21, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I’m making these this weekend, they look easy and delicious!!