Green Mountain Coffee K-Cup Ambassador: Barista Prima Coffeehouse
I am loving getting these k-cup shipments each month as part of their brand ambassador program. I love getting to try the new varieties and letting you all know about my favorites!
This month I received Barista Prima Italian Roast! This my parents’ favorite K-Cup and so we have tried it before at their house.
Barista Prima Coffeehouse® K-Cup® packs are an exclusive collection of the world’s finest Arabica coffees inspired by Europe’s most celebrated coffee houses. Barista Prima® offers a deep, dark-roasted flavor for connoisseurs of coffee, which pairs perfectly with your delicioso Italian treat.
The flavor of the Barista Prima Italian Roast is super rich and luxurious. This month I also got the chance to make a recipe using this coffee which was so much fun! I made the Tiramisu brownies and added a few special touches! This recipe comes from Chef Maureen Joyce and Barista Prima Coffeehouse and was adapted by me.
Hazelnut Tiramisu Brownies
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup cake flour
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast Coffee, brewed
- 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts
- In a large bowl melt the chocolate.
- Stir until smooth and leave to cool.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate to a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment on.
- Beat in the butter followed by 1 cup sugar and the 4 eggs and 4 egg whites,
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan minus 1 cup of the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts.
- Lay the ladyfingers upside down on top of the batter and push down slightly.
- Brew 1 cup Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast Coffee and combine the hot coffee and the dark rum.
- Using a pastry brush, carefully brush the coffee and rum mixture over the ladyfingers until they are saturated.
- In another bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 4 egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Spread topping over ladyfingers.
- Place spoonful of brownie batter on top of the creamy filling and swirl it lightly with a toothpick or knife.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in the pan before slicing.
Save 15% off storewide and free shipping on orders containing at least one K-Cup® pack of Barista Prima Coffeehouse® at GreenMountainCoffee.com, when you use code BARISTA8160 through May 31, 2013!
I received a sample of these products to review at no charge but my opinions remain my own. I am a Green Mountain K-Cup Ambassador and received a Keurig brewer and periodic shipments of K-Cups so I can share information with you all!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!