Nobody wants to look old before their time, but most of us don’t want to do something extreme (plastic surgery) to stay younger looking. So when we get some tips from a leading healthy aging expert, we want to make sure to pass them along to our readers!
Dr. Oz Garcia, the go-to nutritionist for A-List celebrities and Fortune 100 CEOs, has shared a number of health/beauty tips to help you feel great this summer. Paired with some favorite beauty products from P&G, these tips will have you looking great through Labor Day!
1. Mix It Up
Summer is a great time to start juicing- whether it’s for general health or overall detoxification. When the sun is shining and everyone is out having fun, it’s only natural to want to look and feel your best. In blazing heat, it’s easier to be satisfied by eating lighter foods, so during summer we can take advantage of the variety of fruits and vegetables in season. Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and help to eliminate toxins, prevent wrinkles, and help with signs of aging. Vegetables, such as cucumber, work as a natural anti-inflammatory and are beneficial for combating bloating and puffiness. Adding carrots to your diet are good for nails since they contain Vitamin A and sulphur.
- Beauty tip: In the hottest months of the year, less is more when it comes to makeup. Unlike colder months, when you need to cover up more, keep it simple for summer. First, apply Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer, conditioned to maintain healthy-looking skin for up to 8 hours and help prevent premature skin aging with broad spectrum SPF 15 UVA/UVB sunscreen. Next, apply two coats of COVERGIRL Clump Crusher by LashBlast mascara for lash-loading volume and no clumps. A quick swipe of COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick Lip Color in a bright shade and you’re fresh-faced gorgeous for day or night.
2. Hydrate The System
Juicing is very cooling for the system and best during warmer seasons. It’s a great way to keep your energy up and absorb those nutrients that are needed. I suggest cold pressed juices in hot months – it keeps enzymes and nutrients intact which is important. Pressing is more beneficial than grinding fruit and vegetables for this reason. If you are doing a juice cleanse – several juices daily and eliminating processed foods – you may notice improvements in your skin within just a day or two. Even a juice cleanse for only two or three days can make a difference in the way you feel. Juicing or dietary benefits seen in your nails require more consistency. Maintain, maintain, maintain.
- Beauty tip: Remember: hair gets thirsty too, so be sure to rehydrate with a deep-conditioning treatment such as Head & Shoulders Damage Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner. Formulated with a blend of rich conditioners, the Damage Rescue collection nourishes damaged hair and relieves dry scalp by locking in moisture and helping restore and maintain a healthy moisture barrier. Plus, the advanced formula improves hair and scalp health, while at the same time leaving hair strong against damage.
3. Make Good Choices Everyday
If you’re a newbie to healthy eating, it’s better to combine juices and light foods in the same day. Build up your tolerance to all the concentrated nutrition that juicing provides. After a few days, you will be in a better position to maintain a cleansing program without difficulty. If you’re doing a juice cleanse, I recommend including fruits and berries in the morning since they contains more sugar. During the afternoon and evening it’s better to stick to more vegetable based juices. Also adding ginger is also excellent for digestion. Other healthy everyday habits include getting enough sleep, lowering stress and exercising. I run a few miles daily and not only does it have a positive physical effect, but an emotional one, too. Summer is that time to get out there and start to maintain an active and healthy routine. Health is having the right balance physically, emotionally, and being happy with the way you look and feel on a daily basis.
- Beauty tip: While you’re amping up your exercise, start and end your day with Secret Clinical Strength Water Proof Deodorant. Secret Clinical Strength Water Proof Deodorant works by blocking the sweat ducts in the body, and it takes time to absorb into the skin and start working correctly. With sweating volumes most severe in the morning, applying deodorant just in the morning simply falls short, and the deodorant is mostly washed off. Apply deodorant right before bed, when you are sweating the least, so your deodorant can absorb properly and keep you sweat-free the next day at the beach.
- To keep your hair looking healthy, use Pantene Age Defy Shampoo & Conditioner daily. The collection helps fight 7 signs of aging hair including breakage, split ends, frizz, color and dryness.
Lately I’ve been feeling kind of sluggish with all the heat and humidity. I haven’t try juicing, so now might be the time to try a few days of juicing and see how it effects me. Maybe it’s just what the doctor ordered!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!