Beano® contains a natural enzyme that helps prevent gas before it starts. It works with your body’s digestion to break down complex carbohydrates found in gassy foods, making them more digestible. Beano® enables you to enjoy your favorite healthy foods. Beano® comes in three varieties: Beano® Tablets, Beano® Meltaways and Beano® To Go. Beano® tablets are available in the antacid section of supermarkets, pharmacies, mass merchandising outlets and health food stores across the country. Beano® is also available in outlets like Sam’s Club and Costco. For more information visit www.beanogas.com.
I am excited to announce I am participating in the Beano Be Natural Virtual Cook-Off! I was given a big list of gas-inducing ingredients and chose at least 5 of them to be a part of the recipe I submitted.
Here is the recipe I submitted for Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Corn Sauce! I’ll let you know when and where to vote in a future post!
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Corn Sauce
- 2 cups cooked Quick Cook Barley
- 6 ears of roasted corn, cut off the cob
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In blender, blend corn and cream until sauce consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut off tops of peppers and rub peppers with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- In large pan, saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add black beans, red kidney beans, pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, half of the chopped parsley and half of the chopped cilantro.
- On medium heat cook until warmed through.
- Add cooked barley and remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff peppers with bean mixture to the top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper.
- Place on cookie sheet in 350 oven and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- On plate, pour corn sauce and top with peppers.
- Sprinkle remaining chopped parsley and cilantro.
I am participating in a sponsored campaign for Beano®. I received promotional items and Beano® products in exchange for my participation. The opinions stated here are my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!