The digital world is almost always a full step ahead of the rest of the world; many of us struggling to keep up with the latest new releases. But one thing is certain; cell phones, social media, pictures and the fastest rising trend of “selfies” (as unattractive as they can sometimes be!) are in. With the arrival of the new iPhone, it’s likely that selfies -love them or hate them- are not going anywhere, anytime soon.
Not everyone is in love with their selfie, as shown with Mary Kay’s survey of 1,000 people with Wakefield Research
· 48 percent of respondents said that people actually look older in camera phone photos
· On average, respondents said people look 7 years older in camera phone photos! 20 percent even said you look a decade older!
Fortunately, Mary Kay Glam Squad has tips to ensure you look your best…
Tip #1 “Follow the Hollow”
· According to Mary Kay Glam Squad Celebrity Makeup Artist, Raychel Wade, highlighting and contouring the cheek bone is particularly important.
Try Mary Kay® Facial Highlighting Pen, $18
Tip #2 “All About The Angle”
· Never take a selfie straight on, always keep the phone angled, says Mary Kay Glam Squad Stylist to the Stars, Lo VonRumpf.
Tip #3 “Go Bold”
· Take the shot vertically, not horizontally, for a long look. Keeping the camera focused on your good side, slightly tilt your head, making sure to include your beautiful lashes coated with Mary Kay® Lash Love® Lengthening™ Mascara; snap and voilà- the perfect selfie.
Try Mary Kay® True Dimensions™ Lipstick in Firecracker Red, $18
These are some great tips for always looking your best! With the Mary Kay products featured above you can be sure you’ll take the best pictures possible! I never wear dark or red lipsticks but love the firecracker red true dimensions lipstick! It’s super creamy and goes on easily and gives me the bold pop that looks so nice in pictures! The facial highlighting pen is also really cool and I’ve been playing around with how to use it best.
I received a sample to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!