It’s still summer here in South Florida and it’s a critical time to make sure that your air conditioning unit is being properly maintained! Part of that maintenance is making sure to use a high quality filter such as the Filtrete Micro Allergen Reduction Filter which provides a balance of particle capture and airflow, thus helping to prevent stress on the system as well as reducing the amount of energy needed to reach desired temperatures. This filter lasts up to 3 months and is available at the super reasonable price of just $10.97 at stores like Lowe’s, Target and Walmart!
Summer home maintenance tips from Mike Holmes: Short on time but looking to cross a few healthy home maintenance to-dos off your list? Trusted HGTV Contractor Mike Holmes recommends these tasks that can each be completed in 20 minutes or less:
• Air conditioning filters: Use an electrostatically charged Filtrete Brand air filter to help capture dust, pollen and lint from the air passing through the filter. Plus, changing your filter at the start of every season helps protect and maintain your system.
• Hot water heaters: Set hot water heaters at 120 degrees Fahrenheit or below to avoid potential scalding.
• Stove: Remove and wash stove grates, burners and coils with warm water and soap. Over time, grease can build up around the stove, increasing the chances of a fire.
• Fire extinguishers: Check the expiration dates on your fire extinguishers. You should keep one on each floor of your home.
• Cracks: Inspect the floor, walls and foundation of the home for cracks. Jot them down on your home to-do list, and fix them before they lead to deterioration and wood rot.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!