A Few Shortcuts Weekly Recipe: French Dip Crescents & Simple Au Jus

by Pennie on October 4, 2013

I like finger-foods.  A few bites of something tasty are sometimes just the perfect amount of food.  Amanda at A Few Shortcuts has a recipe this week that is  different from the norm.  I like different.

I’m not normally a roast beef kind of gal but these French Dip Crescents & Simple Au Jus sound yummy.  First of all, who can pass up crescent rolls?  And with Au jus, they become all warm and squishy.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to try these soon.  I’m pretty sure the rest of the family will hoover them down faster than they can come out of the oven!

French-Dip-Crescents-with-Simple-Au-Jus

Each week I will highlight one of Amanda’s fabulous recipes. If you don’t have the ingredients or they’re not on sale near you, you could easily print and save the recipes for later use!

1 Jennifer M October 5, 2013 at 3:34 pm

YUMMO! Gotta try this for lunch! :)

2 Robin Quick October 6, 2013 at 3:28 pm

OMG these look delicious! My hubby loves anything he can dip in au jus. So i know he will love these! Thanks for sharing!

3 Debby Chandler October 7, 2013 at 10:30 am

Really yummers sounding recipe, I’m going to try and make it for my family, thanks for sharing!

4 Lisa A Schweizer October 12, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I have to make this!! It looks soooo delicious! Thank you for sharing :)

5 Jesselyn A/Jesstinger October 12, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Although I try to eat a healthy diet – there are certain splurge/comfort foods that I simply cannot resist. Unlike most people – my major weakness tend to be for SAVORIES much more often than SWEETS…

And French Dip (and to a lesser extent a GOOD Italian Beef) is one of those foods I can’t resist – but it just always seem like such a hassle to make at home – especially is you want the dish to LOOK as good as it tastes. And THIS recipe looks like it will fill th e bill – I just wish I’d thought of it!

But I’ll give credit where it’s due: Pinned it: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/534239574518107800/

6 christina moore October 13, 2013 at 11:13 am

This looks so good, I will have to try this

7 Susan Broughton October 13, 2013 at 8:58 pm

This is such a good idea! It would be so much easier to make, handle and eat this way. I have always love french dip sandwiches! Your recipe is a really good one.

8 chrissy October 17, 2013 at 11:20 pm