Everyone knows someone who sweats. Who really sweats. And when they get stressed out they sweat even more. And when you see that happen you consciously or subconsciously begin to judge that person negatively. New study findings just announced actually prove that you’re being judged for your stress sweat! And when people detect your stress sweat odor, they believe you to be less confident, trustworthy and competent!
Secret partnered with the Monell Chemical Senses Center, the world’s only independent, non-profit scientific institute dedicated to research on taste and smell, on a first-ever study revealing:
- The study showed that stress sweat significantly alters how women are perceived by both males and females—when they pick up on your stress sweat, your confidence, trustworthiness and competence are all on the line
- Stress sweat communicates your emotional state – no matter how much you’ve prepared or how buttoned-up you may appear, it tells others you’re stressed
- Use of Secret Clinical Strength during activity or stress-induced sweat had a significant positive impact on judgments of women’s confidence, competence and trustworthiness vs. those who were not treated
No one wants to have to worry about the odor of stress sweat, and certainly wouldn’t want to risk the potential for others to negatively judge them for it. With these findings, Secret Clinical Strength is the anti-perspirant deodorant now proven to protect you from negative judgments that others may subconsciously make about you. The proprietary BCD technology in Secret Clinical Strength uniquely protects you from stress sweat by trapping odor, locking it away and replacing it with a fresh scent vs. just masking it.
It really makes you reconsider what it means to “get ready” for those stress sweat-inducing high stakes moments, from your performance review to dinner with the in-laws, giving new meaning to the term body language, and we know that putting your best self forward is invaluable.
If you are a woman who stress sweats, or knows someone who is, please share these findings and some of the tips below to help keep cool in stressful situations.
- Take a deep breath.
- Consciously relax.
- Make it easier on yourself.
- Wear cotton, silk, and other natural fibers that allow your skin to breathe and pull moisture away from your body.
- Choose clothes in colors like black and white, which don’t show sweat stains as much as other colors.
- Bring an extra shirt with you when you go out, just in case you do get sweaty.
- Apply an antiperspirant/deodorant twice a day — once in the morning and once before you go to bed. Putting it on at night helps plug up your sweat glands.
Check out the Secret Online store where for just $4.99 shipping and handling you can get one of the new products before they hit the stores. Plus you’ll get $25 in coupons!
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!