In honor of the big day, celebrities like Katie Holmes, Mario Batali and Bravo’s Andy Cohen sat around the World’s Longest Picnic Table to enjoy a delicious Hellmann’s chocolate birthday cupcake made from NYC’s finest – Magnolia Bakery. Just take a look!
As you can see the cupcakes were a hit and Hellmann’s would love for you to join in on the party and celebrate 100 years of Hellmann’s by offering you the original recipe for the Chocolate Mayo Cupcakes.
See below for the full recipe and check out the link here for fun, celebrity photos and videos from the event.
Yield: 2 Dozen Cupcakes
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups Water, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 275°. Line a cupcake pan with paper or foil cupcake wrappers; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with room temperature water, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter ¾ full
- Bake 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
I’ve always loved the Hellmann’s Chocolate cake recipe, I don’t know why I never tried it as cupcakes. I’m definitely going to now. Check out the recipe link for a Buttercream Frosting, as well.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!