We have been a fan of Crosse and Blackwell products for a long time! It’s the only cocktail sauce my family will eat but I hadn’t tried many of their other products!
Proving that you don’t have to be a top chef to produce exceptional food, Crosse & Blackwell® offers these 10 tips for hosting the perfect holiday party:
1. Plan the logistics of your event: Decide who will attend – how many adults and/or children? What is the time and date of the party? In which areas of your home will you entertain, prepare food and hang coats? What type of menu will you prepare – brunch, lunch or dinner?
2. Send out invitations early: Send out invitations at least a month in advance for Thanksgiving dinner and family holiday gatherings. Give at least 2 weeks’ notice for a more casual lunch or tea party.
3. Create a welcoming atmosphere with candles, seasonal decorations and soft music, but don’t overdo it. Some holiday scents like pine can be overwhelming in small spaces. Provide plenty of seating, particularly for elderly guests.
4. Allow for special diets (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free) when planning the menu.
5. Prepare light hors d’ oeuvres and snacks to greet guests. Crosse & Blackwell rich and zesty Seafood Sauce, made with choice ingredients like tamarinds, ripe tomatoes and pure ground horseradish can be used to make Divinely Simple Shrimp Dip to accompany festive seafood snacks.
6. Offer a selection of beverages, including non-alcoholic, sparkling and still drinks for the whole family to enjoy.
7. Offer an icebreaker: Ask guests fun facts when serving snacks, for example, do they know where ‘chutney’ comes from? The name is derived from the word “chatnu,” meaning “to taste.” Fruity, full-bodied and fabulous, Crosse & Blackwell Major Grey’s Chutney is a blended medley of tropical fruits including mango, tamarind and lime. It is delicious when poured over cream cheese or served as a marinade for pork or chicken.
8. Add a touch of vibrant flavor and gourmet flair to the simplest dishes. Keep Crosse & Blackwell Relishes, Capers and Onions on hand to transform holiday meals and appetizers.
9. Serve a glazed ham that has been cooked to perfection. Crosse & Blackwell spicy, sweet and tangy Fruit Ham Glaze is the ideal complement, and it’s also the perfect companion for tea time sandwiches, salads, stuffing and more.
10. Share the bounty! Have plenty of reusable storage containers and aluminum foil on hand so you can send guests home with a variety of delicious leftovers.
A beloved British-style tradition since 1706, Crosse & Blackwell premium condiments enhance the flavor of just about any holiday meal or party dish. For recipe ideas and more information, visit www.crosseandblackwell.com.
I got to try an assortment of the products and brought many to Thanksgiving! Everyone loved the shrimp sauce with our shrimp cocktail appetizer! It is a little spicy and tangy and just tasted great with the cold shrimp! The cranberry chutney was also a favorite with the turkey. I also put some out as an appetizer and it was incredible with cheese and crackers!
Enter the Giveaway!
You can win an assortment of Crosse and Blackwell products! Please enter the giveaway on the widget below. Email and feed subscribers will need to click over to my actual site to enter.
I received a sample to facilitate this post. All opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!