Whether it be a romantic home-made chocolate dessert, breakfast in bed or a personal happy hour for two, these celebs have the right idea when it comes to wooing their loved ones. Check out the below custom recipes from Extra TV host Mario Lopez, famed Foodologist “Hungry Girl” Lisa Lillien, and retro mixology duo Alie Ward & Georgia Hardstark.
Chocolate Coffee-Walnut Toffee
Recipe courtesy of: Mario Lopez
A home-made, personalized take on after dinner chocolate this holiday.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Lungo capsule, brewed (4 fl. oz.)
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds, toasted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, coffee and butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until combined. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 325° F or until syrup begins to caramelize. Remove from heat; quickly stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour mixture quickly onto prepared baking sheet, spreading to desired thickness. Let toffee stand for 3 minutes. Sprinkle morsels evenly over toffee; let stand for 5 minutes or until soft and shiny. Spread chocolate into a thin layer over toffee; sprinkle with nuts. Let stand for 1 hour or until completely cool. Break toffee into pieces.
Cherry Bourbon Licor Liquor
Recipe courtesy of: Cooking Channel’s Alie Ward & Georgia Hardstark
With the warmth from the bourbon and hints of vanilla and cherry , this cocktail will make you warm all over for a happy hour made in heaven this V-day.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 3/4 oz Licor 43
- 3 dashes Cherry bitters
Add all ingredients to a glass and stir with ice for 15-30 seconds. Strain into a glass with a large, fresh ice cube and garnish with a Luxardo cherry.
HG’s Nice ‘n Spiced French Toast
Recipe courtesy of: “Hungry Girl” Lisa Lillien
The perfect start to Valentine’s Day with breakfast in bed!
- 1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. plus 2 dashes cinnamon
- 2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 2 slices light bread
- 2 tbsp. Coffee-mate Natural Bliss Cinnamon Cream Flavor
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
In a wide bowl, mix egg substitute, vanilla extract, and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add butter and let it coat the bottom. Meanwhile, coat bread on all sides with egg mixture. Lay bread slices in the skillet, and carefully drizzle with Coffee-mate. Cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and remaining 2 dashes of cinnamon.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!