National Breakfast Week was started 25 years ago to raise awareness about the importance of a balanced breakfast for children. Just because you’re no longer a kid, it doesn’t mean you should be skipping the first meal of the day! Thomas’ English Muffins and Bagels have put together a mouth-watering collection of recipes you can enjoy all week—or year—long!
National Breakfast Week starts Monday March 3
- Manic Monday: You’re probably lacking sleep and time this morning, so grab something quick & easy yet satisfying & filling. Try peanut butter, bananas and honey topped on a Thomas’ English Muffin.
- Toasty Tuesday: Skip the drive-thru and make something way more delicious instead – a toasty breakfast sandwich of egg, Swiss cheese and turkey bacon on a crispy Thomas’ English Muffin.
- Hump Day Delight: Get out of your midweek slump by making sure your breakfast has both nutrition and flavor. The Southwestern Bagel Thins bagel recipe (see below) with avocado, roasted red pepper and salsa is a tasty way to kick start the day!
- Throwback Thursday: Indulge your inner kid and go for the childhood favorite – French toast! Try this tasty recipe with Thomas’ Mini Bagels.
- Friday Funday: Start the weekend on an even sweeter note with a toasted Thomas’ English Muffin topped with hazelnut spread, apple, honey, cinnamon & sugar.
- Slowdown Saturday: It’s the weekend, relax! Take the time to make a truly memorable breakfast with the family, like Country Eggs Benedict on Thomas’ English Muffins.
- Sunday Brunch: Can’t decide on if you want breakfast or lunch? Why not both? Whether you’re craving a classic breakfast like sunny side up eggs or a gouda, ham and apple sandwich (see below) – Thomas’ English Muffins and Bagels has you covered morning to afternoon and night!
The Southwestern Bagel Thins® Bagel
- 2 Thomas’® Plain Bagel Thins® Bagels
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper finely chopped (jarred-packed in water)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 slices reduced fat pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 2 tablespoons red or green salsa
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and tilt skillet to distribute evenly. Cook for about 30 seconds. Sprinkle onion and pepper evenly over eggs. Cook for about 30-45 seconds or until eggs have set up. Place 2 slices of cheese in the upper half of the egg mixture on the right and left sides evenly spaced. Using a spatula fold the bottom half of the egg mixture over the top, covering up the cheese. Remove from heat. Toast 2 Thomas’® Bagel Thins® Bagels. Cut omelet in half and place 1 piece per bagel. Top egg with avocado, a tablespoon of salsa and a pinch of cilantro.
Calories – 300
Total Fat – 15g
Cholesterol – 225mg
Sodium – 630mg
Total Carbohydrate – 32g
Dietary Fiber – 5g
Protein – 16g
- 1 Thomas’® 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thins® bagel
- 3 to 4 slices ham
- 1 slice smoked gouda, or semi-soft cheese
- 2 to 3 slices apple
Toast 1 Thomas’® 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thins® bagel. Place 3 to 4 slices of ham and 1 slice of smoked gouda (or semi-soft cheese) onto one half of the Bagel Thins® bagel and place under broiler until cheese is melted. Top with 2 to 3 slices of apple and other Bagel Thins® slice.
Calories – 263
Total Fat – 9g
Cholesterol – 41mg
Sodium – 627mg
Total Carbohydrate – 34g
Dietary Fiber – 6g
Protein – 16g
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!