Kids can be recycling pros and turn trash into cash for their schools through a new campaign with snack time favorite Entenmann’s Little Bites to create a fully recyclable lunch!
The Entenmann’s Little Bites “Recycle… Reuse… Replenish” Fully Recyclable Lunch Earth Day campaign teaches kids the importance of reducing waste while earning money for their schools by redeeming Little Bites pouches for cash and points with recycling partner TerraCycle® through the Entenmann’s Little Bites Pouch Brigade®.
After kids snack on their favorite Entenmann’s Little Bites muffins and brownies, including the newest flavor Strawberry Yogurt, they send the empty pouches to TerraCycle to be turned into new products.
- Check-it: look for numbers and recycling
symbols on plastics to know what types get reused
- Not sure what to do with your Little Bites pouches? Now you can recycle them with the TerraCycle Brigade programs and sign up your school if it is not already participating. Check out what other lunch items TerraCycle recycles.
- Put your sandwich in reusable lunchbox container to take home and use again
- Before you toss anything away, stop to think about how you might be able to use it again. TerraCycle’s team of designers makes products out of wrappers and packaging. Check out TerraCycle’s DIY Projects for ideas.
- Have any leftovers from lunch? Before you throw away, make sure to check out what biodegradable foods can be brought back home to be added to a compost pile.
- Make compost at home! Be sure to include the three basic ingredients: Browns (dead leaves, branches, twigs, cardboard, newspaper), Greens (grass clippings, vegetable waste, fruit scraps, coffee grounds) and Water to make an effective outdoor composting area. Check out more info from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The TerraCycle recycling programs reward the schools with cash or charity gifts for each pouch received. Parents can make a difference, too. To learn how to become a team leader and get your children’s school signed up to recycle Entenmann’s Little Bites pouches, please visit TerraCycle.com. Entenmann’s Bakery also launched a sweepstakes on Facebook through April where fans can win weekly prizes, including a grand prize of $5,000 cash. That would fund a fantastic Earth Day Garden!
For More Information:
Nicole’s take: We are huge Entenmann’s fans in my house, I can always remember having the chocolate frosted donuts in the house! I also love companies that give back and try to help the community and that is definitely happening here! The Little Bites Snickerdoodles are my favorite but I haven’t had a variety I don’t like!
Enter the Giveaway!
One reader can win (4) $5 Entenmann’s Little Bites Coupons, a $25 Home Depot Gift Card, and a Little Bites Reusable Lunch Sack ($15 value)! Please enter the giveaway on the widget below. Email and feed subscribers will need to click over to my actual site to enter.
Nicole received a sample to facilitate this post. All opinions remain our own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!