Description: “Every nine seconds of each school day, a young person drops out of high school in the U.S. P&G’s new campaign, GIVE Education, will increase awareness of the student dropout crisis in the U.S. and raise funds to help keep millions of students in school. By partnering with Communities In Schools (CIS), one of the nation’s leading dropout prevention organizations, and one that is proven to increase graduation rates and decrease dropout rates, GIVE Education will enable CIS to continue channeling much-needed resources to students who are at greatest risk of dropping out.
Campaign spokesperson John Legend joins the initiative to generate additional awareness of America’s dropout crisis and the GIVE Education campaign. With a long track record of philanthropic work and deep commitment to education, Legend will be featured in the campaign’s national television spot, as well as in the dedicated GIVE Education brandSAVER coupon booklet and Facebook page.
Consumers can take simple steps to help “School the Nation” – and help keep kids in school. Here are a few easy ways to get started:
1. Save and Do Good: Look for special P&G brandSAVER coupons in your local newspaper on Sunday, July 31. For each coupon redeemed, P&G will donate two cents to CIS. Find out where to get your P&G brandSAVER on Facebook. The uncapped donation will be based on the number of coupons redeemed beginning July 31 – the more you save, the more you give. Most coupons expire after four weeks.
2. Watch to Donate: Watch an exclusive video from John Legend on Facebook where for each view, P&G will donate $.25 to CIS, up to $10,000.
3. Spread the Word: Use the embeddable photos and video on this site to alert your readers to how they can help School the Nation!
P&G has improved life for more than 300 million children around the world and focused its efforts on helping children in need get off to a healthy start, receive access to education and build skills for life. GIVE Education will enable P&G to touch even more lives by bringing together the power of P&G’s education commitment and reach, CIS’s innovative programs, and Grammy Award-winning recording artist and philanthropist John Legend’s passion for education.”
Giveaway: The folks over at P&G have generously decided to give four (4) lucky Nicole’s Nickels readers each their own Venus razor!
You will have 7 ways to enter but the first entry is MANDATORY. You MUST fill out the form for EACH entry you are able to make. Just click “refresh” to get the form back after you make each entry.
- MANDATORY Entry: What is your favorite P&G product and why?
- subscribe to my blog (either via email using the box in the left sidebar OR via RSS feed). If you already subscribe fill in the form saying you do. If you subscribe by email you MUST confirm your email and activate the subscription.
- follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/NicolesNickels) AND tweet about this giveaway.
- blog about this giveaway (leave the link in the form)
- email 5 people about this giveaway (please cc me on this email – nicolesnickels at gmail dot com and fill out the form saying you sent the email)
- grab my button for your site (leave the link to where the button is in the form)
- post this giveaway on a linky or forum (and leave the link in the form)
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, 18 years old or over, and the winners will be chosen by random.org. This giveaway will be good until August 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm Eastern time and a winner will be announced soon thereafter. If the winner does not respond to my email within 48 hours then I will pick a new winner. Good luck!
I received the item I reviewed in this post to write this review at no charge. My opinions remain my own.
Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!